Apr 23, 2008

Pictures Speak Louder Than Words PartII...IRELAND

Ireland was never on my list of "places to go" when coming abroad, but after lots of mayhem trying to secure spring break plans, Jodi told me that she was going to Ireland with our mutual friend Spencer (among others), and I was welcome to come along. This was another one of those times when I was led to exactly where I was meant to be. Ireland was beyond fun, exciting and beautiful in so many ways, but I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves...


First night in Ireland I actually spent with Anna and Melissa, two girls from my program, before Jodi and Spence came. Go figure, we met two crazy Italians from Venice and ended up on a voyage for Guiness together because it was Good Friday so all the bars were forbidden to sell alcohol. Needless to say, we found our Guinesses and danced til 4AM.


Every great city has a great river...Dublin.


Jodi sleeping on the bus on our way to Gallaway--a beautiful and funky town in central Ireland.


Jodi and Spencer riding bikes in the Killarny National Park.


After a long but breathtaking bike ride to the falls.


The view on the bike ride home!!


Back in Dublin we took a tour of the Guiness Wearhouse Factory where we learned all about the brewing process and other convincing reasons why Guiness is so amazing (good sales people, mostly)--then, to top it all off (literally) we got to pour our very own "perfect" pints and enjoy them at the TOP of this amazing factory with a panormaic view of Dublin. This fine lady in the pic was our beer mentor. We loved her.


Andddd a few Guinesses later we somehow ended up floating around in a giant glass of Guiness foam.... I'll leave this one up to you...


Cheers & Love!
Rach

No comments: